Happy Thanksgiving! Did this year go by fast or what???
What an exciting time of year, the holiday season. It’s amazing though, how much of our focus is towards food, shopping, time with loved ones and wrapping things up at work. Unfortunately, this is a stressful time for many of us because we’re trying to get the house ready, get the food ready, get the gifts ready. During this time, do you ever take time out for yourself? Most of us don’t. We say it’s a time to spend with loved ones. But we often forget ourselves on the list of “loved ones”.
Here are a few ideas for spending some time on yourself during this busy season.
- Create something you haven’t done before but wanted to try- jewelry, knitting, baking, etc.
- Make sure to get a mani/pedi or visit the spa
- Get a new hairstyle or color
- Make a date for one or two girlfriends to come over and chat, with wine
- Complete an overdue project at home, like organizing your closet, hanging some pictures, etc.
- Put some cider and cinnamon sticks in the crockpot and pull out that book you’ve been meaning to read
I’ve made it my business to use Black Friday as “me time”. That means staying at home out of the hustle and bustle to do whatever I want to do. Usually that’s sleep, or getting some work done, or just getting quiet.
This year, I’ll be using that day to work on something special for you. I’m not sure yet what I’ll call it, but I’m creating a program to help you reset, renew, and restore in the new year. So far this is what I know:
- It’s a 30 day program
- There are cooking instruction videos included
- There’s a detox component
- It includes meal planning assistance
- It entails a mind/body focus
- You may be able to do it at your own pace
- There will be a one on one consultation with me included
This is my way of giving thanks for YOU. It’s still “me time”, because I love what I do.
So after you’re done with all the cooking, cleaning, eating, traveling, visiting, decorating, shopping, etc., just know that I’ve got your back. Let’s plan to get together to get your focus back on YOU.
Sooo, what do you think? Let me know in the comments below what you think I should add to this program. This is for you, Diva. After all the ripping and running we do during the holidays, and with the new year starting, we can all use some restoration, don’t you think?