I guess I’m a glutton for punishment because I did yet another (my 3rd) half marathon since February. They got me by dangling that West Coast Challenge medal in my face. The Run Like a Diva race offered an extra medal to those who completed both California races this year – Temecula and SF/Burlingame. I was a sucker.
I’m not mad though. There are so many reasons why this was a good time for me.
- Even though I barely trained, this was my first race where I recovered in less than 24 hours. No sore feet for days or waddling around due to foot, knee and hip pain. I bounced back like a pro. This was especially unexpected since I had severe back pain just 2 days before the race. I went in with the understanding that paramedics would be plentiful on the course, but somehow I made it through without needing them. God is good.
- This was a yet another wonderful opportunity to spend time with some very dear friends. I did the Temecula race with my bffhsic (best friend from high school in California) and was so happy for us to earn our west coast challenge medals together. But this run also gave me a chance to spend time with my bffcsfg (best friend from church since fourth grade). I love me some them!
- If a race is more than a 40 minute drive from home, I’ve learned to book a room at the start line and make it a staycay. The Marriott was the perfect mini getaway.
- The Divas races have confirmed what I thought – I do prefer all women races. I didn’t feel like I was in the way nor was it crowded.
- This is really some of the prettiest bling.
So what about you? Did you do this race? Are you doing any races, or even thinking about it? Exercise, bling, AND a fun time with girlfriends? Who wouldn’t want that??
Next race, She Power. They really got me with the bling on this one. Fabulous.